Everyone knows the hard use DPx Gear HEST folder but we wanted to make a stronger, smaller knife for military/LEO and expedition hard use. A number of our customers prefer a low profile folder, so the Urban is now available in our famous matte black Particle Vapor Deposition (PVD) coated CPM S35VN blade with matte black Titanium alloy frame and hardware. It's a look that is unique to DPx Gear and we have worked hard to obtain that perfect luster; a finish that patinas with use, just like your Glock or AR.
The award winning DPx Gear Triple Black versions have always been a popular option as a low-profile knife for law enforcement and military use where a superior cutting edge and low visual signature are priorities. Designer Robert Young Pelton spends time in the field, from Afghanistan with Army Special Forces on on the Border with ICE, it is our goal to understand exactly what our users expect and want in a hard use folder.
With its smaller size and American made pedigree, it is sure to become a new favorite for a low profile, high quality knife option. The heirloom quality USA made knife is manufactured by Zac Brown's Southern Grind and is warrantied for life.
- American bearing pivot hardware. Stainless steel caged bearing pivot hardware allows for rapid deployment and effortless closing.
- American Grade 6 titanium alloy frame. A frame and lock made of U.S. made aerospace grade 6Al4v titanium sandblasted and then matte PVD coated.
- The world's finest U.S. forged blade steel. A blade forged from U.S. made Crucible Particle Metallurgy CPM S35VN martensitic stainless steel.
- Patented DPx Gear blade notch doubles as bottle opener and quick open feature. Designed to allow the knife to open faster than an automatic and to deploy the blade to the rear of the holder, keeping it safe from the assailant. This feature was also designed to open bottles and function as a pot lifter. Every feature on a DPx Gear knife is expected to do double duty.
- Integral Hex drive. DPx Gear believes if you are going to carry around a quality knife, it better earn its keep. Our inclusion of a ¼” standard hex driver in the knife’s frame can be easily paired with a commonly available hex tool and turn your DPx HEST/F Urban into a multi tool.
- Glass breaker. Our DPx HEST/F Urban has a tungsten carbide glass breaker, a potential life saving tool in the event of an auto accident or fire. Pelton designs his knives to be ergonomically held in the hand as a non-lethal deterrent. A glass breaker and flat head screw are both included.
- Tri-gauge wire stripper jimping. The thumb grip (jimping) features three notches in the exact gauges to strip household, auto and timer wire for blasting or electronics. This patented DPx Gear design feature also provides an exact but comfortable grip for your thumb, with gloves or with bare hands, so there is no slipping when using your knife.
- Fully reversible, deep carry pocket clip. A deep pocket clip means your pocket knife rides as low and unobtrusively as possible in your pocket. The angle of the clip over the frame lock adds additional support to the lock. The DPx HEST/F Urban is made from not just durable materials, but stain free materials. Even the clip, screws and hardware are designed to take harsh environments with ease.
- A U.S. invented, tested and proven frame lock. The U.S. invented frame lock for bulletproof lockup. First used in Chris Reeves famous Sebenza® knives, it has become the standard locking feature for high-end custom knives. We added a stainless steel cap to reduce wear on the lock face.
|Blade Coating||Matte Black PVD|
|Frame Material||6Al4v Titanium|
No posts found